ASBICO senior advisor is a free professional placement service that provides personal attention to seniors and their families. We understand that this transition can be difficult, at any stage of life, which is why we strive to provide the caring support you and your family need. We take the time to understand your unique goals and needs, offering compassionate, personalized support and guidance every step of the way.
With hundreds of senior housing communities and a wide range of different types of housing options to choose from, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed by the process. It’s not always easy to know where to begin.
We will ask questions that pertain to the needs of the senior, such as mobility-based needs, challenges with dressing, bathing and other personal care activities. We also ask questions pertaining to finances, geographical preferences, and services desired. We discuss cognitive and memory concerns, areas of interest and hobbies of the senior. This allows us to identify the best communities that offer the care and services required.
We understand how well the community is performing against state standards and understand what the community is good at- in short, since we interact with them regularly, we know what isn’t in the community’s glossy brochure.
WHAT SETS APART: Benefits of Working with Asbico Senior Advisor
Our service is offered at no cost to you or your senior, saving you many hours of research and legwork.No matter your specific circumstances, we can help you take a look at all of your options and find the right senior housing solution for yourself or your loved one. We’ll walk you through the process and help you understand what to expect every step of the way.
- Unlike many we are locally owned—not a franchise.
- We are not owned or have any affiliation with senior communities or senior care businesses, insuring our impartiality.
- We provide one-on-one, face-to-face assistance from start to finish.
- We will accompany you on tours of senior communities under consideration and help you understand advantages and disadvantages of each community.
- We are not an internet database that distributes your name to dozens of communities without your knowledge.
- We are not an internet directory featuring a list of communities, some basic information and the contact information
We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all solution; instead, we take the time to learn about you and your loved one.
WHO WE SERVE
- Adult children helping their elderly or frail parent move into a care situation
- Spouses who can no longer meet the high demands of caregiving at home
- Powers of attorney working on behalf of an elderly family member or friend
- Seniors living alone and in need of companionship and care
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME?
Knowing when it’s time to move an aging parent out of their home and into a facility that provides a safe and appropriate level of care can be tricky. You don’t want to take them out of their homeand away from their independencebefore it’s necessary, but you also don’t want to wait too long and jeopardize their health or safety. While every situation is different, and you know your parent or care receipient better than anyone.
In some situations, the symptoms may be subtle and slowly get worse over time. Exploring options at the earliest signs of concern is always your best bet–when your parent is able to better understand and participate in the decision. But you need to take immediate action and consider a move right now if your parent has any of these behaviors:
- Leaving their home at odd hours or getting easily lost can put them in immediate danger.
- A decline in mobility and stability. Balance issues, frequent falls, or trouble climbing the stairs or even making the bed are red flags that their safety is in jeopardy.
- Mismanaging health needs. Not taking medication properly or an inability to manage chronic conditions such as diabetes means additional care is needed.
- Aggressive or violent behavior. Radical behavior changes, especially if they involve aggression or violence towards themselves or others, requires immediate intervention.
If your parent shows any of these symptoms, you know that it’s time to make a move.
To provide each client with unbiased advice recognizing their unique situation. Match facilities, services and resources to meet their needs upholding the highest ethical standards for the benefit and protection of the health and welfare of each client.
To assist Seniors and their families in finding the right location and care services for Seniors in their time of need without cost, stress and worry.